Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
APPLICATIONS FOR AURORA HOUSING AUTHORITY (AHA)
Online Waiting List Application
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you or a member or your household is a disabled person and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in AHA's housing program(s) or services, please contact the AHA at (630)701-9977 or send a request in writing to:
Aurora Housing Authority-Occupancy
1449 Jericho Circle
Aurora, IL 60506
Please gather the following information for each household member before applying:
- Full legal name
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Annual Income from all sources (before taxes or deductions)
- If necessary, contact information for the person who will assist with completing future paperwork
Online applications are accepted at any time while a waiting list is open. After applying, you will receive a confirmation number. This confirmation number shows your application has been received. Applying does not guarantee placement on a waiting list. To check your status on the waiting list, please go to Applicant Portal at https://auroraha.myhousing.com/account approximately 24 hours after your application has been submitted.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List
If you are added to the waiting list, you will be notified by mail when your name comes to the top of the waiting list or if we are updating our files. If you do not respond to our notifications, or your letter is returned undeliverable, your name will be removed from the waiting list. If you have a change of address, phone number, income or family size, you must notify us within 10 business days of the change. ALL CHANGES MUST BE IN WRITING. No changes will be taken over the phone. Please include your social security number on any correspondence.
In order to receive assistance:
- The head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application or an emancipated minor by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with Illinois law.
- The household annual income cannot exceed the income limits established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Please see current (add link to income limits and title it Income Limits).
- The applicant and all adult members of the household must pass a criminal background and credit check.
- At the time you are selected from the waiting list, you will be required to provide proof of each preference claimed.
The Aurora Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, handicap, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in, housing programs or activities.
Enter your Agent Code here...